Pong Pong

Well, it's pong. It froze when both players reached 5 points. Seems to work other than that though, and sounds are nice. I only wish it had something to distinguish itself, since there isn't really anything that makes this better than any of the many other pong games I've seen.

imaking123 responds:

'The first player to get 9 points wins!
if each player has five points it becomes a draw.' That explains the freezing, for you

Not what you'd expect Not what you'd expect

Actually, that was exactly what I expected.

Beat Step X Beat Step X

I like what this could have been, but not so much how it turned out. The UI is a little bit confused, but more importantly, the song choice is awkward. You made three different game panel modes, but the panel mode is determined by the song, and I can't filter the song choice by panel mode or difficulty. The step-charts themselves feel a little bit uninspired, though the somewhat bland graphics likely contributed to that.

I hope this didn't come off as too harsh, because this game definitely has potential, but as it is now, it isn't particularly engaging.

How Long Can You Last? How Long Can You Last?

For a first game, this is great. The control is fluid, the music is good, and everything works perfectly. A high score table would be nice, and I think the difficulty curve could be tweaked, but it's fun anyway. I can't wait to see your next project!

Dugeese responds:

Hey, I'm glad you like my game :D

Yes, a high score table would really be nice, I should've added it before publishing >.< I'll make sure to add one as soon as I can!

Dot Wave Dot Wave

Fun gameplay, nice art style. The menus are a little bit ugly looking, and I don't love that you stole the Super Hexagon difficulty levels, but it kept me amused for a while.

Pong Clasic Pong Clasic

Well, it's a functional game of pong, but you didn't really add anything new to the mix. The somewhat unappealing visuals and lack of sounds means there isn't much to keep people engaged, and the paddle moves way too slowly.

Video Games Are Hard Video Games Are Hard

Ehh...

I like what you set out to do, but I think it could have been executed better.
Finding other people to work with seems like an odd failure point, because many indie games are the work of only one or two people. I think the hardest obstacles to overcome are getting people to play your games and getting an actual job in the industry.
Also, I think people might get bored easily because the slow fade transitions and long walking distances are a bit dull, even though they do add to the mood and atmosphere. At the end of the day, I was left feeling a bit unsatisfied.

Drolli responds:

Thank you for your honest review catdogck. This game is based on my personal experience and failures of working with other people and also to prove to myself that I could make a game on my own without any teacher/boss looking over my shoulder :)

PixelFlight PixelFlight

Pretty good for your first game. The main suggestion I have is that you might want to work on the way you handle the helicopter rotating, because it seems to twitch a little bit when you quickly change direction. I love the parallax effect with the clouds!

FogStudio responds:

Thanks :), i did the rotation with animations inside the movieclip, probably that's the issue

Turn Now - Line Run Turn Now - Line Run

Pretty good, but the collision detection seems off and it takes too long to start after you click retry.

Floppy Tiles Floppy Tiles

To make it more playable you might add keyboard controls so it could be played with HJKL or something similar. Pretty good though.

3DSauce responds:

Thanks, I may just do that.